- babies just cry sometimes - for no reason - and it is o.k. to let them!
- routine not schedule - the minute you schedule this baby, she'll change it
- sleep when she sleeps - yeah right -- get over it, you aren't sleeping for years
- Target socks are a joke - they don't stay on even if they are cute
- forget the cutsie outfits - comfort is much more important
- bibs are essential - even if they aren't cute
- the decorative burp cloths don't absorb - the ugly white diapers are the best!!!
- buttons are a pain - snaps are so much easier
- babies poop ALOT - especially mine
- they never perform when you bring the camera out - I swear she knows what it is!!!
- those headband bows may be cute but she is not going to wear it - quit trying
- she does NOT want the pacifier - give it up
- I think "acid reflux" is the new diagnosis for "you have a fussy baby who spits up alot & we think she'll grow out of it eventually"
- ALL the rules have changed since mom had her babies so don't even ask her - she doesn't remember anyway!!
- go with your instinct - you know more than you think you do
- it is all worth it when they smile, sigh, yawn, hiccup, coo, squeal, wrinkle their forehead, open their little mouth like a baby bird, laugh, grab the toy, suck on their hands, blow raspberries, stick their tongue out at you, sleep through the night, stop crying when you pick them up, lay their head on your shoulder, stand on your lap....it is all worth it because they are your precious gift from God and we certainly don't deserve such a gift but he trusts us with them anyway!!!
- You can do it - every day gets a little bit easier!!!!
World Diabetes Day
7 years ago
5 comments:
This post makes me happy. :) And Gracie is so cute and big!
OK...I'm being honest. I laughed and smiled at the first several things you had learned b/c I agree. When you got down to the end I was tearing up. Gracie is so cute!
what a great list.....so true, all of it!!
I love the list:) Great wise thoughts from a mother!! Where are her 3 month pics?????
SOOOO true on every account.
Post a Comment