SKI TRIP!!!
We had the amazing opportunity to take a ski trip this past December to Winter Park, Colorado!! With all the "stuff" going on in our lives, we would have thought a trip like this would not be possible this year but God provided GREATLY and we were able to take Grace on her first airplane ride to one of our most favorite vacation spots!!

I was not sure how she would handle the trip and to be honest, I was a little nervous - 6 days, an airplane and one room for your family - not too sure if it would work BUT man was I worried for nothing!! Grace LOVED it - loved the airplane, loved the snow and stayed in the bed with us like a champ!! About a month before the trip, we found out Chris would not be able to travel with us on the Sunday we were suppose to leave - he had finals and the University he attends has a no early finals policy so we tried to change our flights and that was a no go - when you use credit card points to purchase flights, they don't change them!! So Grace and I flew out to Colorado by ourselves - wow!! Chris drove us to the airport, checked us in and dropped us off at the security line and then we were on our own!! I was TERRIFIED!! I am a pretty independent woman but I am NOT an independent mommy - I will admit my husband does ALOT when it comes to helping with Grace - so I was pretty nervous!! I will admit things went VERY smoothly - and the airline was very helpful (we shuttled it to our gate and to the baggage claim) When we landed in Colorado, our friends that invited us on the trip met me at the baggage claim and we hopped in the car with them and drove up the mountain (there was no way I was doing that alone!) We were there Sunday - Tuesday without Chris and then he flew out after his last final on Tuesday - and drove up the mountain with our rental car in a snow storm...alone!!! He is such a trooper!!
We skied 2 days, went on a horse drawn sleigh ride, went sledding, went tubing and ate some wonderful homecooked meals!! It was amazing and I am so thankful to our friends the Speers for inviting us to tag along!! What an amazing experience for Grace and she still talks about Colorado all the time!!
World Diabetes Day
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment