Wednesday, December 17, 2008

4 months and one week...





WOW...Gracie is 4 months old...well, actually she is 4 months and one week but who is counting? I just cannot seem to get it together and keep up with this blog thing like I would like too. She had her 4 month shots and check up last week and everything went really well...no pertussis shot this time because it was determined after her 2 month shots that she is allergic...great huh? She weighs a whopping 11 pounds and 11 ounces...yeah, I know she is a little squirt but the doctor said she passes the pinch some fat test so she is healthy, just small...the 15th percentile in weight but 75th percentile in length...25 inches and her head is getting bigger too!! Over the weekend I got an email called 32 things that change when you have a baby....it was GREAT and so TRUE so I thought I would write my top 10 things that have changed since I had Gracie...
1. Dinner is now eaten at top speed so that I can hold her while Chris eats...
2. Bedtime is 9:30 no matter what...because there is no telling how many times I will be up tonight
3. Sleeping in is 7:30 a.m.
4. There is no time to fight with those you love...things pass too quickly in life
5. My day now exists in 3 hour increments...I never know what day it is but I always know what time it is...
6. A night out is now going to Target at 5:30 p.m.
7. I can take a shower, wash my hair, dry my hair and put on makeup all while singing "The Farmer & the Dell" and "If Your Happy & You Know it"
8. I do not know the words to many Christmas carols...and I always thought I did but when you actually start singing them....you don't know as many as you think...
9. I can watch an entire episode of "The Hills" or "Jon & Kate Plus 8" and never actually look at the television
10. Moms have the HARDEST job in the world and stay at home moms have it even harder (I can say this because I am not one but I see my sister do it everyday and have a new found respect for her)...my mom was a saint...I am glad I was born into the generation of dads who actually help change the diaper because I COULD NOT do it without Chris!!!
So anyway, happy 4th month Gracie...you are such a joy and although I really think I mess up so much more than I would like, you are the best thing I have ever done and you keep me on my toes baby girl!!!!

No comments: