Happy New Year from the Carter Family... Here is Gracie celebrating 2009 in her festive bow...she of course pulled it off after about 2 minutes but I was able to get a few pics first...
1. RELAX...I used to be a major worrier and although I have gotten better since Gracie was born, I have traded the worry for frustration and tension...I want to be more relaxed and remember to take it one day at a time...no one really has this whole baby thing figured out and I am not about to figure it out either!!
2. REMEMBER...I want to remember each moment of this sweet baby's first year...time is charging by and I don't want to forget each milestone and each memory for she will be a teenager before I know it!
3. REFLECT...I will make an effort to take a moment every night to reflect of the day...thank God for each minute and process what I have done and what she has done...I feel like so many days fly past and I don't even take the time to listen when someone is talking to me...I blame it on Mommy brain but it is time to focus!
4. RENEW...I want to renew old friendships, renew old hobbies and renew this thing called exercise!!!
5. REST...take the opportunity to really rest this year...I know you are probably saying I have lost my mind...I have a 5 month old but I mean rest in a new way...enjoy the moments as they come along whether it be sleeping in on a random Saturday or sitting on the back porch with Grace on a pretty Spring day...those things can be restful if I learn to appreciate them as they come along.
So there it is...my 2009 to do list...not too hard if I just have a little determination and alot of will power...and lets face it, it will only happen if I let my Lord lead the way and stop trying to lead it myself!!!
2 comments:
AMEN! Everything you said is just the things I've been thinking all week!
I have to second that! That is the best New Years list I have ever read.
Post a Comment