Christmas Eve we go to a service at our church after we eat dinner with the Carter's. I love Christmas Eve service!!! There are 3 things I LOVE about our service - first is the service - we have the Lord's Supper every year and that is special because Baptists never have the Lord's supper (which is very frustrating to me) second is the people - I feel like Christmas Eve is the "old" Central Baptist Church (please don't misunderstand me - I LOVE that our church is growing and I love the "new" people that are there now but it just makes me feel like I am "home" again when it is all the people I grew up with) and third is that everyone dresses up - I know clothes shouldn't matter but I just love seeing everyone in their Christmas finest dressing up to celebrate Christmas and Jesus' birthday - and again us Baptists don't see the need to dress up for Sunday church anymore so it is just a really nice change for me!!!












Here we are trying to get a good picture of our little family before leaving for church...
What you don't see is Chris and Gracie are being silly behind my back - she kept grabbing my necklace and pulling me down while Chris was tickling her...
Grandad and Gracie
Gracie gave her Grammy this star for Christmas - it was amazing - I had my friend Kara make it and it turned out precious - it is 10 pictures of Grace from birth until this Fall - LOVE IT!!!
Nanny and Gracie
So this was year 2 of our Christmas Eve tradition - everyone gets a new pair of pajamas - here are Grace and Chris in their new pj's
Mommy and Gracie - Grace and Chris picked mine out all by themselves and they were PERFECT - owls!!!
Look what Santa brought - Grace and Chris were good this year!!
Christmas Day - we made a huge breakfast at our house and my parents came over Christmas morning and then around noon we went to visit my sweet grandmother, Gagi at the nursing home - that afternoon we had the Mobley Family Christmas at my parent's house - we decided to just go simple this year and had a casserole and fun dips - it was so easy and so relaxing!!!
Gracie opening her Mobley Family Christmas gifts
The day after Christmas we went back over to the Carter's to celebrate with Chris' sister and her family - here are the 3 cousins (Gracie 3, Hannah 3, Connor 5) ready to open their gifts.
Phew - wow, what a blessed family we are!!! So many loved ones for Christmas and so many WONDERFUL traditions and memories!! We thank our Lord for a wonderful 2011 with so many great moments of joy, grace & his mercy - Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment