Saturday, June 13, 2009

10 Months Old


Hey Everyone - I am 10 months old today...
Doesn't Grace look like she is yelling those words to the world? No worries, she has learned to yell - and thinks it is really funny to screech at the top of her lungs whenever she can...one of her many new "tricks" this month. In honor of her 10th month here are Grace's Top 10 reasons she is excited to be a 10 month old...

1. I can walk people - and when my mommy types walk, she ain't exaggerating - I walk EVERYWHERE and finally my parents let me get down in public because they went and bought me some shoes that fit!!!

2. I am getting better at running - it seems to be easier whenever I can chase older children

3. Speaking of older children, I LOVE them. They are so exciting to watch & squeal at - I wish they would pay me more attention but they kind of ignore me when I try to play with them.

4. "Bye Bye" is my new favorite word - and I even use it in context along with a wave.

5. "Hi" is fun to say too - and I have a different wave for that word - Mommy seems to liken it to a Hitler move but I am not aware of what that means.

6. Swimming is great - whether it is in my blow up pool in my back yard or in a really big pool, I love to swim - and I even went under water the other day, granted everyone screamed and ran over to pull me out...but I knew what I was doing and was just ready for a new pool move!

7. My clothes finally fit - for the past month Mommy has been making me wear all my "summer" clothes even though they were entirely too big but it seems I have gone through something Mommy calls a growth spurt and now my shorts don't fall down every time I bend over to pick my toys up - and the tags even have a bigger age on them than I am - they say 12 on them and I am not 12 yet!!!

8. Mommy is FINALLY easing up on the whole bottle thing - she still makes me drink some during the day but I get to eat food instead of a bottle 3 whole times a day!!! Now if I can just convince her that I do NOT like that milky stuff right when I wake up every morning, I will be set!!!

9. I get to eat some really cool foods now - nilla wafers are my new favorite. I also like chicken noodle soup and mandarin oranges. Don't tell Mommy but goldfish are pretty good too - they let me eat them this morning while Mommy was in her bible study & I loved them but Mommy thinks they are a choking hazard!!!

10. And the final reason I love being 10 months old...only 2 months to go until I get to have a really cool party in my backyard with lots of presents just for me!!!!












No comments: